AT THIS PHASE YOU ARE ONLY CREATING A CONTOUR LINE DRAWING.
Now you can start with the good paper and begin your artwork - remember to use a 2H or H pencil using very light pressure when you transfer over your lines.
- Start at one end of the page with a 2H pencil, draw very lightly and create a contour line drawing only of the photo.
- First, start by creating a 2" grid. Meaning ALL boxes should be exactly 2" x 2".
- Then start transferring your photo just as a contour line drawing. No Shading!
- After we add the details- After the contour line drawing begins finding all of the values; just like we did with the girls face in the visual journal exercise. Still NOT adding VALUE. This phase is called the underdrawing phase.
- Take a picture upload to Google Classroom. This shows me your progress within the project.
DO NOT SHADE IN! ONLY AFTER YOU ARE DONE EVERY LINE YOU CAN HEAD TO THE CREATE PHASE.
- When complete go on to the Creation phase and start the value shading process.