HAVE A SEAT, LET'S TAKE ATTENDANCE AND BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY!
A Little Bit About Me
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Rowan University
- Bachelor of Arts in Education - Rowan University
- Graphic Design and Interactive Web Design Endorsements
- Associate Degree in Multimedia & Web Graphic Design - Art Institute of Philadelphia
- Specialized Business Degree in the Video & Music Business - Art Institute of Philadelphia
- Ceramics: hand building and potter's wheel. glazing, kiln, firing process
- Sculpture: woodworking, plaster, metal fabrication
- Painting: oil paints, acrylics, airbrush, watercolor.
- Drawing: pastels, graphite, pen & ink
- Digital Photography: Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop
- Graphic Design: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks
- Web Design: Adobe Dreamweaver, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, CSS2- 3, XHTML, HTML5, FTP, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, CPanel, PHP/XML
- Video Production: Adobe Premiere Pro
We are ZONE 1 for an Evacuation drill. Go out the classroom doors, head to the right. down the stairs-out the door and start walking to the right. Go to the other side of the parking lot. Stand by one of the trees located on the lawn.
Syllabus & Classroom Policies
The Fundamentals of Art course introduces students to the elements of art and the principles of design. We will go over all of the classroom procedures and syllabus on the first day of school.
Students will learn basic drawing skills and techniques that are utilized with media such as watercolors, acrylic paints, color pencil, marker, pen and pencil. We will cover both two-dimensional and three-dimensional design. Syllabus
DO YOU KNOW???
- Block Schedule - Do you have your schedule?
- Homeroom Procedures - Attendance is taken at 8:20 (Don't be marked late)
- Attendance Procedures - In class, ready to work when bell rings. LOOK AT THE BOARD AND GET TO WORK!
- Dress Code - MUST BE IN DRESS CODE or WRITE UP
- Student/Parent Handbook - Online
- Locker Assignments - Do you have them?
The Art Process
The Art Process
You will be given a sketchbook for this class.
We call it a 'visual journal' to keep all semester. All handouts, planning and design phases will go in here. All weekly visual drawings and Design Plans will go in here as well. They will be graded whenever I call on you so be ready.