Now you can start with the good paper and begin your artwork – remember to use a 2H or H pencil using very light pressure when you transfer over your lines. AT THIS PHASE YOU ARE ONLY CREATING A CONTOUR LINE DRAWING.
- Start at one end of the page with a 2H pencil, draw very lightly and create a contour line drawing only of the photo.
- First, start by creating a 2″ grid. Meaning ALL boxes should be exactly 2″ x 2″.
- Then start transferring your photo just as a contour line drawing. No Shading!
- After we add the details- After the contour line drawing begins finding all of the values; just like we did with the girls face in the visual journal exercise. Still NOT adding VALUE. This phase is called the underdrawing phase.
- When complete go on to the Creation phase and start the value shading process.