How to use the Grid Method with a Drawing of Chuck Close as an Example
Grid Practice Assignment #1
When we Grid in Art we use the same principles as enlarging anything in the real world.
1:1 = is the SAME SIZE. (For this class 1:1 = All Squares being 1-inch x 1-inch squares)
1:2 = Is doubled in size. (For this class 1:2 = All Squares being 1-inch x 2-inch squares)
B/W Value & Grid Assignment #2
2. On the photo create a 1" x1" grid.
3. Find all the values and trace them in a black fine tip.
4. Label them by the b/w value scale: 1=H or HB, 2=2B, 3=4B, 4=6B, 5=Ebony.
5. Now Using a 1:1 Ratio recreate the image with all the values alongside of the photo. I MUST SEE THE GRID ON BOTH THE PHOTO AND THE DRAWN IMAGE.
6. Finally, Glue the photo into your Journal.