In your sketchbook, you will begin to start planning their artwork for this unit.
Answer these questions in your sketchbook
- What inking colors choose from ones we have out. (Yellow, Turquoise, Orange, Black, White, Blue, Green, Violet, Magenta, Red.
- Landscape or Portrait; your lino board is 4"x6"?
- What colors of construction paper do you like for the background or Do you want to use watercolor to achieve different effects, if so where and how?
- You can choose a person place or thing, Google the item using "silhouette".
- Use the PosterShine app on the iPad.
- Click on the Colors menu and slide the Number of Colors to the left to only show the silhouette.
- When done click on the File Folder icon on the bottom right and Save to Photo Album.
- Upload your image to Google Classroom so I can print it out.
- Print 1 photo copy of your photo-exact size of linoleum plate. It MUST be in silhouette in order for it to be graded. I will NOT create the silhouette for you.
- Transfer students images to the linoleum by rubbing charcoal all over the back of the photo then tape it to the linoleum block. The image is transferred by tracing all of the outlines with a pencil. Take photo off & retrace all lines with a Sharpie (this will not show in printing).