Did you know that out of the 322 million people living in the United States:
- 46.7 million people (14.8 percent) are in poverty.
- 15.5 million (21.1 percent) children under the age of 18 are in poverty.
Camden: The Poorest City in the Nation
- There are 65,000 Americans living in Camden.
- 42% live below the poverty line.
- 70, 220 = number of people in Camden County without enough food.
- ( Compared to 33, 120 in Gloucester County)
This year Rowan University will be working with Clearview Regional and Overbrook High School to raise funds to help fight hunger.
Will you join this year?
April 27, 2016
This year Empty Bowl night will be held at Rowan University-Westby Hall-the Black Room.
Pay $10 for a handmade ceramic bowl and we will fill it with soup/bread.
Proceeds will go to Josephs House a non-profit in Camden, NJ who help the hunger and homeless.
For the lesson plans and PowerPoints that went with this fundraiser go to Empty Bowl Lesson Plans