The History of American Graffiti': From Subway to Gallery
Color Wheel Practice
While I am getting your paint ready you will be watching the video above.
After, you will begin by getting three colors of paint, your primary colors.
Reb, Blue and Yellow
You will complete an abstract color artwork painting. Take a picture of it and upload it to Google Classroom.
- Start by taking a piece of 6x9 inch mixed media paper.
- Using a ruler and pencil or marker SPLIT the paper into 6 sections.
- then split each section into 3 sections.
- Label each MAIN section the PRIMARY and SECONDARY colors. (red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, & green)
- Paint each section with the color and its tints and shades.
- For instance BLUE will have three different color tones, light blue, blue, dark blue.
- Do the same for each color.
- Paint each section until they are thick-slide your brush gently over the paper.
DO NOT ATTACK the paper with the paintbrush, simply glide the paintbrush over the paper once you have paint on your brush.
DO NOT Fill the entire Pallete circle with paint - you do NOT need that much paint for this project.