HAVE A SEAT, LET'S TAKE ATTENDANCE AND BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY!
A Little Bit About Me
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Rowan University
- Bachelor of Arts in Education - Rowan University
- Graphic Design and Interactive Web Design Endorsements
- Associate Degree in Multimedia & Web Graphic Design - Art Institute of Philadelphia
- Specialized Business Degree in the Video & Music Business - Art Institute of Philadelphia
- Currently in school for my Masters Degree in Visual Communication
Ceramics: hand building and potter's wheel. glazing, kiln, firing process Sculpture: woodworking, plaster, metal fabrication Painting: oil paints, acrylics, airbrush. Digital Photography: Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop Graphic Design: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign Web Design: Adobe Dreamweaver, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, CSS2- 3, XHTML, HTML5, FTP, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, CPanel, PHP/XML Video Production: Adobe Premiere Pro
Policies and Procedures
The Fundamentals of Art course introduces students to the elements of art and the principles of design. Students will learn basic drawing skills and techniques that are utilized with media such as watercolors, acrylic paints, color pencil, marker, and pen. We will cover both two-dimensional and three-dimensional design. Syllabus
DO YOU KNOW???
- Block Schedule - Do you have your schedule?
- Homeroom Procedures - Attendance is taken at 8:20 (Don't be marked late)
- Attendance Procedures - In class, ready to work when bell rings. LOOK AT THE BOARD AND GET TO WORK!
- Dress Code - MUST BE IN DRESS CODE or WRITE UP
- Student/Parent Handbook - Online
- Locker Assignments - Do you have them?
Being passed out will be a Participation Rubric that I use per Unit. I use Class Dojo to track your participation during each Unit. Please look on the board, read your rubrics and tell me if you think something should be changed.participation rubric
Teacher Rewards with Pocket Points
This little app will allow you to earn points you can use in class. Maybe you need 5+ points on that quiz you just failed. Maybe you forgot to do the homework and need a homework pass. We will pick them during the first week of class. What do you need to do - DOWNLOAD the app to your phone and then stay off your phone in my class.
You will need to purchase a 1' binder due by third day of class. We call it a 'visual journal' to keep all semester. All handouts, planning and design phases will go in here. You oberservational drawings and daily sketches will go here as well.
The Art Process
HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN'T DRAW?
That means that at any given time you might be required to go to the class website or Google Classroom and research on different projects. If you miss something you can find what we are doing for a particular day by looking at the calendar. If we are taking a quiz... the link will be on Google Classroom. Almost everyday Google Classroom will mimic the Website. They act as one, but you have two places to find things. Remember to MARK things as DONE on Google Classroom.
YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CODE TODAY!
Safety and Security - Security and Fire Drills. We are ZONE 1 and ZONE A.
BROWN BAG CHALLENGE
If you are complete - please grab a brown bag at the front of the desk and grab a partner. You must have 4-6 students in a group!
Read whats in the brown bag and try to complete the challenge! You have until 10 minutes before the bell rings.
ONLY RULE! NO BESTIES... pick someone you do not know!